We also offer the following
courses in the Medical field:
WHY MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT
Medical office assistants are responsible for efficient operation of medical offices, clinics, hospitals and outpatient care centers. The growth of the aging baby-boom population will continue to spur demand for preventive medical services, which are often provided by physicians. As their practices expand, physicians will hire more Medical Office Assistants to perform routine administrative work allowing physicians to see more patients.
In addition, an increasing number of group practices, clinics, and other healthcare facilities need support workers, particularly Medical Office Assistants to perform administrative duties such as greeting patients, taking patients’ vital signs, compiling medical charts, performing insurance claim processing, medical coding and billing, medical records collections, and other front office managerial duties.
For more information click here.
FUTURE OF MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT
The demand for Medical Office Assistants is further expected to increase in the decade as a result of an anticipated increase in the number of clinics, health group practices, and other healthcare facilities that will need a large number of support personnel, especially those who are flexible and can handle medical administrative duties both effectively and efficiently.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT
Ace Institute of Technology offers the Medical Office Assistant program that equips students with medical administrative skills such as patient reception, producing reports, answering telephones, scheduling appointments, checking insurance eligibility, and collecting payments required to become a proficient healthcare professional that is trained to work in a variety of healthcare settings: medical offices, clinics and ambulatory care facilities. In addition to the above, the program offers students with a mandatory Internship where they will get first-hand experience in performing the multi-faceted duties of a Medical Office Assistant.
Financial Aid is available for this program to those who qualify. CLICK HERE for more information or APPLY NOW.
WHY MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT AT ACE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY?
- One of the most affordable tuitions in NY
- Financial Aid and EASY INSTALLMENT payment plans available
- Small Class Sizes
- Hands-on training
- Prepare for National Certification as “Certified Medical Administrative Assistant” by National Healthcareer Association
- Licensed By New York State Education Department
- Accredited by Council on Occupation Education
- New York State Licensed Instructors
- Guaranteed Internship*
- Job Placement Assistance available
*Guaranteed Internship is only available for the Medical Assistant, Medical Office Assistant, LAN & WAN Administrator, and Design & Animation Expert programs.
These are just a few of the reasons for joining our school. Once you enroll, you will see many other benefits…
EXAM PREPARED FOR
(Certified by National Healthcareer Association)
- CMAA Certified Medical Administrative Assistant
TOPICS COVERED (effective from July 1st 2016)
- Microsoft Office
- Patient Safety, Urinalysis & Microbiology
- Medical Terminology
- Anatomy Physiology & Med Terminology : Musculoskeletal, Integumentary, Circulatory, Nervous Systems & Sense Organs (Core)
- Anatomy Physiology & Med Terminology: Respiratory, Endocrine, Digestive, Urinary & Reproductive Systems
- Administrative Procedures for the Office
- Computers in the Medical Office
- Medical Law and Patient Relations
- Medical Insurance, Billing and Records
- Medical Lab Practices
- Electronic Health Records Management
- Certification Exam Preparation
- Internship (175 hours)
Ace Institute of Technology provides the following to all students in this program:
- Books for Each Course
Medical Office Assistant Kit which includes:
- Medical Office Assistant Uniform