WHY MEDICAL ASSISTANT
Employment of medical assistants is projected to grow 23 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations. The growth of the aging baby-boom population will continue to increase demand for preventive medical services, which are often provided by physicians. As their practices expand, physicians will hire more assistants to perform routine administrative and clinical duties, allowing the physicians to see more patients.
An increasing number of group practices, clinics, and other healthcare facilities need support workers, particularly medical assistants, to complete both administrative and clinical duties. Medical assistants work mostly in primary care, a steadily growing sector of the healthcare industry. In addition, the number of individuals who have access to health insurance is expected to continue to increase because of federal health insurance reform, increasing patient access to medical care.
For more information click here
FUTURE OF MEDICAL ASSISTANT
Thus, the demand for Medical Assistants is further expected to increase in the decade as a result of an anticipated increase in the number of clinics, health group practices, and other healthcare facilities that will need a large number of support personnel, especially those who are flexible and can handle both administrative and clinical duties.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A MEDICAL ASSISTANT
Ace Institute of Technology offers the Medical Assistant program that equips students with clinical and non-clinical skills required to become a proficient healthcare professional that is trained to work in a variety of healthcare settings: medical offices, clinics and ambulatory care facilities. In addition to the above, the program offers students with a mandatory Internship where they will get first-hand experience in performing the multi-faceted duties of a Medical Assistant.
Financial Aid is available for this program to those who qualify. CLICK HERE for more information or APPLY NOW
WHY MEDICAL ASSISTANT AT ACE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY?
- One of the most affordable tuitions in NY
- Financial Aid and EASY INSTALLMENT payment plans available
- Small Class Sizes
- Hands-on training
- Prepare for National Certification as “Certified Clinical Medical Assistant” by National Healthcareer Association
- Licensed By New York State Education Department
- Accredited Program – Accredited by Council on Occupation Education
- New York State Licensed Instructors
- Guaranteed Internship*
- Job Placement Assistance available
*Guaranteed Internship is only available for the Medical Assistant, Medical Office Assistant, LAN & WAN Administrator, and Design & Animation Expert programs.
These are just a few of the reasons for joining our school. Once you enroll, you will see many other benefits…
EXAM PREPARED FOR
(Certified by National Healthcareer Association)
- CCMA Certified Clinical Medical Assistant
TOPICS COVERED (effective from July 1st 2016)
- Microsoft Office
- Patient Safety, Urinalysis & Microbiology
- Medical Terminology
- Anatomy Physiology & Med Terminology : Musculoskeletal, Integumentary, Circulatory, Nervous Systems & Sense Organs (Core)
- Anatomy Physiology & Med Terminology: Respiratory, Endocrine, Digestive, Urinary & Reproductive Systems
- Administrative Procedures for the Office
- Computers in the Medical Office
- Medical Law and Patient Relations
- Medical Insurance, Billing and Records
- Medical Lab Practices
- Certification Exam Preparation
- Internship (175 hours)
Ace Institute of Technology provides the following to all students in this program:
- Books for Each Course
- Medical Assistant Kit which includes:
- Medical Assistant Uniform