Microsoft Windows Server Administrator (MCTS)
You Will Learn How To
- Install, manage, troubleshoot, and support servers with Windows Server 2008 Operating System
- Manage and join users to the Windows Server Domain
- Maintain and Manage Windows Server
- Configure server and workstation settings with PowerShell and Group Policies
- Maintain server resources, monitor server performance, manage and configure remote access.
- Restore servers from backups
- Manage and Configure Remote Access
- Create and maintain Organizational Units, users and groups
This course provides students with the knowledge and skills to install, administer, troubleshoot, and migrate to Windows Server 2008. The students learn to deploy hardware and software for computers on the network. Students learn to manage accounts and resources in a Microsoft Windows Server environment. These tasks include managing user, computer and group accounts, managing access to network resources & implementing Group Policy to manage users and computers. Students also learn to effectively maintain server resources, monitor server performance, manage and configure remote access.
Who Should Attend
This course is for those who are interested in getting entry level jobs as network administrators using Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Operating System. This course also prepares you for the Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) Exam.
About Windows Server 2008
Windows Server 2008 is the most advanced Windows Server operating system yet – designed to power the next generation of networks, applications, and web services. Windows Server 2008 enables you to develop, deliver, and manage rich user-experiences and applications, improve network infrastructure security, and increase the efficiency and value of technology within an organization. This course also prepares you for the Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) Exam 70-640. To help you succeed in today’s market, you need to build and demonstrate your technology expertise and skills. When evaluating new candidates or considering the competencies of existing staff, many employers recognize the value of a Microsoft Certification which will help you gain in-depth knowledge, and industry-recognized validation. All this will help build employers’ confidence in your skills.
- Installing, Migrating and Configuring Windows Server Operating System
- Installing & Migrating to Windows Server
- Managing and Joining Users to the Windows Sever Domain
- Maintaining & Managing Windows Server
- Maintaining Systems and Services Availability
- Managing and Configuring Remote Access
- Managing Messaging and Collaboration
Exam Prepared for
TS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring