Networking Concepts (N+ Certification)
You Will Learn How To
- Identify the purpose, features, and functions of various network components
- Identify the layers of the OSI model
- Define the purpose, function, and use of the protocols used in the TCP/IP
- Select the appropriate network utility given a troubleshooting scenario
- Identify basic characteristics of various WAN and internet access technologies
- Identify and describe the purpose and function of various protocols, security protocols, firewalls, authentication, client workstations, proxy service, etc.
The proliferation of powerful workstations and PCs, together with a vast installed base of minicomputers and mainframes, has produced immense pressure to link these resources. Local area networks allow the sharing of programs, data and peripherals by providing common access to local and remote resources. This course provides you with the fundamental knowledge of networking concepts. This course emphasizes the integration of available software and hardware.
For more information about the N+ Certification click here.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed to provide students with the fundamental knowledge used to design and implement a network. This course also prepares students for the CompTIA Network+ Certification Exam.
What is Network+ ?
Earning the Network+ certification means that the candidate possesses the knowledge needed to configure and operate a variety of networking products. This exam covers a wide range of vendor neutral networking technologies that can also serve as a prerequisite for vendor-specific IT certifications.
- Introduction to Networks
- The Open Systems Interconnection Specifications
- Networking Topologies, Connectors, and Wiring Standards
- Networking Devices
- Introduction to Internet Protocol (IP)
- IP Addressing
- Introduction to IP Routing
- Switching and Virtual LANs (VLANs)
- Wireless Technologies
- Authentication and Access Control
- Network Threats and Mitigation
- Physical and Hardware Security
- Wide Area Networks
- Software and Hardware Tools
Exams Prepared for